Innovative Updates Customers On Frederiksted EVO Service Interruptions
St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John, USVI- April 3, 2015– Innovative updates customers in the Frederiksted, St. Croix area who have already been converted to the EVO network and are experiencing an outage which began on the afternoon of March 31, 2015.
Of the 311 customers previously affected by this outage, approximately 219 customers remain without Innovative services.
Nauzer Mistry, Vice President of Engineering stated, “The Construction team has made the necessary repairs and completed their troubleshooting efforts on the nodes. The remaining customers who are affected by this service interruption are experiencing loss of multiple Innovative services.”
Innovative customers who are in the area of Frederiksted and are included in this outage are advised to perform a hard reset on their eMTA cable modem and if that process does not work, customers are advised to “power cycle” the modem using the following instructions:
To reset modem
1. Reset your cable modem by pressing and holding down the reset button, located on the back of your modem, for five seconds.
To power cycle the modem
1. Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet.
2. Remove the backup battery (ies) in the modem by pressing down and pulling back the two latches holding the battery door located on the bottom of the cable modem. Pull the door toward you.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet. Make sure that the pull tab on the battery is exposed so that it can be easily removed again if necessary.
4. Slide battery (ies) back into place and reattach battery door.
If a customer-owned router is attached to the cable modem, it should also be power cycled.
Innovative apologizes for any inconvenience that these service interruptions may cause its customers.
For cable TV or phone repairs, Innovative customers are encouraged to report a service problem online by visiting our website http://www.innovative.vi. Customers should click on “Services” then “Contact Us” and submit a help ticket. Innovative customers calling from landlines should dial 912. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Customers utilizing wireless phones can reach the Service Center at (340) 778-1742. Please have available the telephone number, statement number, address, description of problem and brief directions. For assistance with high-speed data/Internet service, customers should call (340) 779-9999 and press 4 or call (340) 714-3700 directly for technical support assistance. For billing inquiries or customer service, customers may dial (340) 779-9999 and press 6. Customer service is also available for wireless customers directly at (340) 777-8899.