Innovative HFC Network Experiences Interruptions Due To Hardware Failure
St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix, USVI – December 21, 2015– Innovative, the leading
telecommunications provider in the U.S. Virgin Islands, informs its customers of hardware failure,
that is affecting customers who have been converted to its Hybrid-Fiber Coaxial (HFC) network in
St.Thomas, specifically in the Tutu area.
Nauzer Mistry, Vice President of Engineering stated, “Innovative‘s Cable Modem Termination System
(CMTS) in Tutu experienced a hardware failure. While the CMTS quickly recovered, an issue remained
with the CMTS, which is manufactured by ARRIS Group Inc., resulting in approximately 1,400
subscribers being locked out of the system. In order to reestablish communications, our subscribers
need to perform a “hard reset,” which involves the following steps:
1. Unplug the AC power to the modem
2. Remove all batteries
3. Plug the modem AC power back in. The modem will begin to register with the network, and the
lights should flash in the following sequence:
eMTA boot sequence:
- Power LED: Flashing then solid green.
- Downstream/Receive LED: Flashing then solid green, blue or amber.
- Upstream/Send LED: Flashing then solid green, blue or amber.
- Online LED: Flashing then solid green.
- Link LED: Amber/Flashing if Internet service is configured and CPE is connected.
- Link LED: is off if Internet service is not configured or CPE is not connected.
- Telephone1/Tel1 LED: Flashing then solid green if configured, if not remains flashing.
- Telephone2/Tel2 LED: Flashing then solid green if configured, if not remains flashing.
4. Once the modem has come “on line,” you may put your batteries back in.”
In the event that the hard reset does not work, we ask our customers to contact our repair department
at (340) 778-1742, so Innovative schedule a trained technician to assist you.
The Innovative engineering team is working with ARRIS Group Inc., the technology vendor, on a
permanent resolution to this issue. So far, ARRIS has been unable to identify the cause of the problem.
Mistry concluded, “We apologize to our customers for these service inter
ruptions and will work tirelessly until this issue is permanently resolved.”
Customers experiencing interruptions of their landline or internet service are encouraged to use the
information provided below to call the Innovative Repairs department for assistance.
For cable TV or phone repairs, Innovative customers calling from landlines should dial 912 or (340) 778-
1742. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday and on
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Customers utilizing wireless phones can
reach Repairs at (340) 778-1742 or by using the following link:
http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=22785. Please have available the telephone
number, statement number, address, description of problem and brief directions.
For assistance with high-speed data/Internet service, customers should call (340) 779-9999 and press 4
or call (340) 714-3700 directly for technical support assistance.
Customer service is also available for wireless customers directly at (340) 777-8899.
Innovative customers may also report a service problem online by visiting our website
http://www.innovative.vi. Customers should fill out the form and select “Service Repairs” as the
category. Additional information is also available on our website at www.innovative.vi.