Innovative Temporarily Resumes Cash Collections On A Limited Basis Pending Implementation of Cash Kiosks
St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix, USVI – April 21, 2016– Innovative, the leading telecommunications provider in the U.S. Virgin Islands, advises the public that the Company is planning to deploy cash kiosks at each of its Innovative Business Offices to accept cash payments. The forecasted implementation of the kiosk is four to six months. In the interim, Innovative Business Offices will temporarily resume accepting cash payments on a limited basis at one payment window in each office to accommodate customers who pay in cash. Hours of operation for the cash window will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm during this period.
The option to pay in cash at the Innovative Business Offices will be implemented within the next 30 days. Innovative will make an official announcement of the effective date within the coming weeks.
The Innovative Business Offices are located at Estate Diamond on St. Croix, Tutu Park Mall in St. Thomas and The Market Place in St. John.
Innovative takes this opportunity to remind customers of the additional eight (8) payment options that are available for the customer’s convenience:
- Pay-by-Phone - Call 340-774-2PAY (2729) 24 hours a day from anywhere at any time.
- Pay Online - Use your computer, tablet or cell phone to set up an account and pay your bills on line 24 hours a day at www.innovative.vi.
- Pay at a Bank- Pay at any Banco Popular, FirstBank, Scotia Bank or Bank of St. Croix branches in the territory.
- Pay by Mail - Mail the payment to the address indicated on the statement stub.
- Pay by Drop Box - Drop your check or money order in the night deposit box along the outside wall of our Business Offices.
- Auto Pay - Set up to have your monthly bills automatically charged to your credit card.
- Phone Call to CSR - Pay with a Customer Service Representative by calling 340-779-9999.
- Recurring Direct Debit- Recurring Direct Debit is the newest payment option offered by Innovative. This payment option requires a one-time set up and offers customers the option of having their checking or savings account automatically debited each month.
Debra Thomas-Smith, Vice President of Customer Care stated, “Innovative continues to work to find solutions to include new automated payment options that are convenient for our customers. We have also worked very closely with the local banks to ensure our customers have many of the same options that are available at Innovative’s cash window.”
“At FirstBank branches, customers now have the option of making partial payments, to include paying the past due amounts or the current amount due. Customers may also present a delinquent notice with the payment stub to FirstBank when making a payment. Banco Popular will implement acceptance of partial payments in the month of May. Innovative is working with Scotia Bank to explore expanding additional payment options. Please note, however, whether paying at the Innovative Business Offices or at the banks, customers who have past due balances are considered late and must pay the entire past due amount to avoid service disconnection,” continued Thomas-Smith.
“The reinstatement of cash collections at the Innovative Business Offices is a temporary payment option until the cash kiosks are deployed,”concluded Thomas-Smith.