Innovative HFC Network Experiences Interruptions Due To Intermittent Modem Hang-ups
St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix, USVI – January 29, 2016– Innovative, the leading telecommunications provider in the U.S. Virgin Islands, advises its customers that intermittent modem hang-ups have affected customers who have been converted to its Hybrid-Fiber Coaxial (HFC) network in the Mon Bijou area of St. Croix.
Richard Wright, Director of IP Engineering and Operations, stated, “Because of a technical issue with our Arris equipment, Innovative is experiencing interruptions throughout our HFC network in Mon Bijou. The technical issue in our Central Office is causing unresponsive cable modems and have affected over 450 customers today. During these interruptions, Innovative customers may experience no dial tone on their landlines or loss of internet service.”
The Innovative engineering team has an immediate solution to restore service to customers who have been affected and they are working with ARRIS Group Inc., the technology vendor, on a permanent resolution to the issue. In the interim, customers are advised that they can restore their service by manually resetting their modem.
- In order to reestablish communications, subscribers must perform a “hard reset,” which involves the following steps:
Unplug the AC power to the modem
- Remove all batteries
- Plug the modem AC power back in. The modem will begin to register with the network, and the lights should flash in the following sequence:
eMTA (modem) boot sequence:
- Power LED: Flashing then solid green.
- Downstream/Receive LED: Flashing then solid green, blue or amber.
- Upstream/Send LED: Flashing then solid green, blue or amber.
- Online LED: Flashing then solid green.
- Link LED: Amber/Flashing if Internet service is configured and CPE is connected.
- Link LED: is off if Internet service is not configured or CPE is not connected.
- Telephone1/Tel1 LED: Flashing then solid green if configured, if not remains flashing.
- Telephone2/Tel2 LED: Flashing then solid green if configured, if not remains flashing.
4. Once the modem has come “on line,” customers may put the batteries back in.
5. In the event that the hard reset does not work, Innovative asks its customers to contact its repair department at (340) 778-1742 and an Innovative trained technician will assist them.
Wright concluded, “We apologize to our customers for these service interruptions and will work tirelessly until this issue is permanently resolved.”
Customers experiencing interruptions of their landline or internet service are encouraged to use the information provided below to call the Innovative Repairs department for assistance.
For cable TV or phone repairs, Innovative customers calling from landlines should dial 912. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Customers utilizing wireless phones can reach Repairs at (340) 778-1742 or by using the following link: http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=22785. Please have available the telephone number, statement number, address, description of problem and brief directions.
For assistance with high-speed data/Internet service, customers should call (340) 779-9999 and press 4 or call (340) 714-3700 directly for technical support assistance.
Customer service is also available for wireless customers directly at (340) 777-8899.
Innovative customers may also report a service problem online by visiting our website http://www.innovative.vi. Customers should fill out the form and select “Service Repairs” as the category. Additional information is also available on our website at www.innovative.vi.